Thursday 9 December 2010

SpaRitual - Shrewd

Hey everybody! How are you on this very depressing Thursday? I hate this kind of weather, makes me all sleepy! But it's already weekend for me, no classes tomorrow, and that's a good thing! :) I have another SpaRitual for you. I must tell you, I've been giving them chance after chance, but apart from Days Of Wine And Roses, all the colours I tried out were not wearable by me. Which is a pain, because I have to remove them quite soon, not standing them on my nails, and finding another polish and so on. Not that I mind trying out new ones, but it does suck when you're not feeling the colour you put on. And I know SpaRitual has some kick-ass colours, because they're on my WL and I love the swatches, I have like half of Imagine Collection on my WL. But these that I have at home just don't work for me, sadly. Let's look at Shrewd.








What bugs me the most about Shrewd is, that I can't define the colour at all. I was staring at my nails like an idiot, trying to figure out if it's purple, or brown, or silverish purple or dark grey, or what? I couldn't figure it out. It sort of leans towards purple, but, i'm telling you, it's just not, when you look at your nails. And it's not really brown either. And this silver shimmer makes the finish just weird. 
I don't know, I really didn't like this colour. This was three coats, since I can't even SpaRitual in two to save my life, and yeah ... same problem with the brush as with other SpaRituals. 

What do you think about it? What would you call this colour anyway, I'm still not sure ...

Have a nice evening & thank you for reading!

4 comments:

  1. ugh, I like it too...and you are going to hate my new CC colour snakeskin :P (the one that didn't break)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried any spa rituals polishes but they sure seem good based on the swatches I saw. This one is very pretty, true fall color. although its winter now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nail crazy, super, bar nekomu :D

    Erzebeth, good, it's yours after all. :D And I can't help myself, even looking at swatches I don't like it. Too frosty finish. Hehe, we'll see about Snakeskin. ;) But I must admit, the bottle doesn't look too promising for my taste. :D

    Blanka, welcome to my blog! Well, yes, I never sort my colours by time of the year, so you'll be able to see lots of mixure here. :) And yeah, some SpaRituals look really nice on swatches. :)

    Thank you for the comments!

    ReplyDelete