Tuesday 24 April 2012

Barielle - Buddha-ful (a.k.a Luna Lovegood polish)

Heya people! How are you doing? I'm enjoying my cup of coffee after my lunch and I think it's about time I show you this beauty. Buddha-ful got the most 'votes' or rather wishes to be seen first in the last package I got, so I'm showing it first too. I was curious about how we'll get along, being a very gentle colour that I don't usually wear, and still intriguing me from the bottle. I went through the blogsphere, trying to figure out whether to layer it or build it up and then I decided to build it up, since I wanted to have the bottle colour on my nails. 

I'm wearing it ATM and after two days I'm still loving it. I knew this will be the colour I'll either love or remove after an hour of wearing and as it seems, it is a major win in my book. It's unusual. Unique flakie.Of course I don't have anything near the colour in my stash yet. It's hard not to stare at your nails, the soft rose/beige base colour making your hands so gentle and elegant and the green-blue flakies providing the twist for the gentleness, making it a bit weird. 
I understand the connection with Buddha and the esoteric feeling this colour gives you when you're looking at it, but the first thing I thought of when my mani was complete was one strange and cute little witch, Luna Lovegood. From Harry Potter books, of course. Luna is very gentle, sweet and at the same time very unique and strange person. One of my favourite characters from the HP world, I love that girl. And I think the weird combination of soft beige base colour and green flakies would be a nice polish to make for Luna in Harry Potter nail polish collection. Yes, I had an idea of making it, 12 bottle collection, I'd go big. :D

Pictures!





The only way I could capture the blue shift of flakies is this rather bad photo, I'm afraid.

Alas my camera wasn't made to capture such details correctly. You'll just have to take my word for it, the flakies are much more visible IRL and the green-blue change isn't so hard to see with the naked eye. Still, most of the time flakies are green and i think that suits this polish just fine. I made a million photos and even a video,  and this is the best I could come up with. 

Buddha-ful is a part of Barielle Karma Collection for Summer 2011, a collection that does have some nice colours, but Buddha-ful is by far the most unique. On the pictures I have 4 thin coats, I payed special attention to not flooding my nails with too much polish, making them 'fat' as I call it. With four coats it builds very nicely. Three would be enough if you don't mind VNL. I think I'd have VNL with four too, if my nails were longer, but now I basically don't. I love how this polish builds, the base colour is sheer enough so the flakies look layered. You can also layer it but I don't like the milky touch the base colour gives to the mani if it is layered over a dark colour, so I decided against it.When my nails will be longer I'll probably layer it over a total nude, so it won't show.
The brush and formula were great too. This is my first Barielle, so I was curious about that. :)

Buddha-ful is a gorgeous polish. Very unique. I'm very positively surprised by it. :) How about you?

Thank you for reading!

19 comments:

  1. O, lep je! Upam, da ga kdaj tudi jaz dobim v kremplje :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, voll hübsch! und so mädchenhaft. gefällt mir echt gut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really good on you! So glad you like it since it seems to be a love or hate polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally a Luna polish! Sigh... I need this. Edgy, beautiful, odd AND discrete & work appropriate - that doesn't happen often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zelo je lep. Flakiji ga naredijo posebnega.

    ReplyDelete
  6. volim flejkije inace, ali ovaj mi nekako ne pase

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Perfect, Luna Lovegood. For me, that will be this polish's name from now on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right, it's totally unique and gorgeous...love this polish :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a polish that links to harry potter haha. This polish looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. meni je totalno čudno vidjeti nešto ovako svijetlo na tvojim noktima, iako mi se lak ne čini loš ;-D
    dobro si mu ime dala :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, pa znam šta misliš, možda mi je i zato toliko fascinantan. :D

      Delete
  11. You are a bad bad influence on me-I now own all of the Nubar Green collection because of you!! HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Well, I'm glad, that is a perfect collection! :D Have fun with them!

      Delete
  12. Thank you everyone, for your comments and time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photos of this hard to capture beauty. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! I'd never think it can be that opaque..

    ReplyDelete