Monday 20 August 2012

Essence - A Lovely Secret

Hello my dear people! How are you doing? It's been a while, I know, I wanted to let you know before I left for our Annual Meeting, but I seriously lacked time so I wasn't able to post anything. I had the most amazing week (9 days actually), I can't find the words for awesomeness of it. I love the magic we create and all the lovely people there with me just having a blast. But now I'm back and since I need to get to my studying again, I'll probably post more often. ;) 

Since this is a nail polish blog, I can also mention my nails are not talking to me at all ATM. As much as the last week was a perfect place for my soul, I didn't do anything for my nails whatsoever. I washed a lot of stuff with my hands and aggressive cleaners and I think I put on hand creme 4 or 5 times in all 9 days. When I got home I had to cut them to the meat and they are still split. So I'm going to show you old pictures for a while, so I can decide whether the pictures I make now are good enough for showing. Oh, I wore Orly Nite Owl, I've shown it before. Gorgeous polish, I'm still not sick of it. My BF hates it though. xD

For today I have another Essence, the photos are piling up again in the Essence folder ... A Lovely Secret is a colour I'd never buy if I saw it on the counter. A pale purple, nothing bad but also nothing special. But then I saw the swatches Nihrida made and I had to have it. The secret of the polish are the tiny blue specks and I adore the result.





Three coats of this lovely secret, because I was really sloppy. The brush is great on this baby, really great. And a gorgeous colour, I love it. Thanks to Nihrida for revealing the secret!

And just because I cannot stop singing this in my head ever since I went to the dentist on my bicycle this morning.



A lovely secret. Have it? Want it? Any suggestions on what I should get in new Essence line?

Thank you for reading!

18 comments:

  1. I have and love A Lovely Secret! It's such a shame they discontinued it! Grey-t to Be Here is a great polish from the new line ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I wish it wasn't discontinuted in the new line, though they do have some pretty ones in the new line as well. Going to search swaps and see if I can get my hand on this color because I am in the midst of a huge periwinkle kick right now and this is too pretty to not add to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they discontinued it! Pitty, really, it's a lovely colour. Hope you catch it somehow, I'll be on the look-out for another bottle, if I find it, I'll let you know!

      Delete
  3. I love this Essence, best one in my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joj, za tega mi je res tako žal, da ga nimam. :( Brez uspeha iskala... :/ Lepo ti pristoji!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that color is gorgeous! I don't actually have any essence polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ovo mi je jedan od ovogodisnjih favorita, tako mi je zao sto su ga vec ukinuli, a prakticki su ga tek nedavno uveli :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stvarno me iznenadila ova vjest, i meni se ćini da so ga tek stavili u trgovine. Čudno. Možda je skup za praviti ili nešto ...

      Delete
    2. a tko zna ili to ili misle da se ne bi dobro prodavao, a moraju nesto izbacit da uvode nove lakove, kako to biraju samo oni znaju

      Delete
  7. I think you should join my in my nubdom and be proud of your nubs!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of my nubs, my nail bed is too short for my taste, plus I think they make my hands look child like and fat. But I don't hate them either, it's not like it's the end of the world for me when I have them. :)

      Delete
  8. predivan lak :-D
    p.s. meni se doma svi smiju kad se počnem derat 'i want to ride my bicycle'... a onda pređem na 'don't stop me now, i'm having such a good time' ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not into lilac at all, nor am I usually into light tones as well, but......when I saw this baby on the display in the store, it happened to me to notice the light purple/blue shimmer from the bottle and I saw myself buying it XD
    Well, if you like this kind of subtle shimner in polishes, you surely won't be disappointed with the new Grey-t To Be Here. A light grey with pink/purple/orange shimmer. There ae some swatches 'round the blogosphere if you feel like to check!

    ReplyDelete