Wednesday 10 October 2012

Comparison: China Glaze Fast Track vs. Catrice Clay-ton My Hero

How I thought these two were similar I still do not know. Scrangie said Fast Track reminds her of Essence Irreplaceable and in my head Essence and Catrice are close enough not to own them both. As you will see in the pictures, they are not really similar. Actually, they're not very close either. My skin had a rough time when I made this comparison. Luckily now it's much much better, thanks to my hand cremes and oils. It was dried up and I got a major cut on my pinky, like a paper cut, only a bit thicker and longer, it hurt like a papercut though. I was able to cut it out from the pictures, so I'll spare you the view. ;)







Clay-ton My Hero is a taupe with golden shimmer, while Fast Track is beige with golden glass flecks. I suck at describing colours, but I guess that's close enough. :) Naturally they don't look at all similar, I guess the concept of making could be, although I think China Glaze wanted the golden glass flecks to really pop out, whine Clay-ton My Hero is very work appropriate with shyer shimmer. 
Two coats of Catrice, three of China Glaze, both polishes have a wonderful formula and wonderful brushes.  I like them both, I was on the verge of giving Clayton away, but there is something awesome on it that I really like. So I kept it. Glad to know I don't have any dupes of it! :)

Do you have any of the two? Which one do you prefer?

Thank you for reading!

14 comments:

  1. China Glaze is a super pretty color. But, on you I think the Catrice looks better with your skintone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too, yes. Like them both though. :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This baby is discontinued then? I lost track about their sortiment a while ago ... pity, it's a great colour.

      Delete
  3. ajde da vidiš jednu bočicu pa za par dana drugu, i ja bih rekla da su slične :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fast track and irreplaceable are my two favorite polishes<3 now I need this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Clayton is discontinued, sadly. Try blog sales! :)

      Delete
  5. u zadnje vrijeme se vise zagrijavam za ovakve boje, Catrice mi se vise svidja. ali da kad su jedan kraj drugog definitivno se vidi da nisu slicne, ali valjda radi kombinacije bazne boje i shimmera u glavi ostanu kao slicni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja isto. Do sad mi nikad niso bile ovakve boje ... ma ni za što. A sad jih volim nositi. :)

      Delete
  6. Imam samo China Glaze lak, ampak mi je itak lepši kot Catrice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bolj bogat je, ja. Malce več twista. :D

      Delete